some people are mean for no reason and it’s gross
What the fuck happens in League of Legends
don’t blame women for the fact that someone they trusted betrayed them in such an intimate way
solidarity with my ladies
for real i’m so sick of everyone blaming women when their asshole partners share their PRIVATE, CONSENSUAL pictures with the public
THIS IS FOR EVERY GENDER
remember when teen titans had that really powerful arc about rejecting abusive family and that surrounding yourself with good people who make you happy is the most important thing and no one should force you to do anything you don’t want to do and sometimes friends are better family than the people who you’re actually related to
I wonder what I’ll have for breakfast tomorrow?
Maybe a hot, fresh bowl of not at Comic Con
don’t ever let this die
50 Shades of Abuse Flyer - Canada
Use, redistribute, print.
Click image and magnify for large version.
Okay. I understood all the flack Twilight got for being an abusive relationship. Because it was and it was being read by a very young and impressionable audience. But ffs, 50 Shades is an ADULT NOVEL. Iit is about a BDSM couple. Which - newsflash - do exist. It is a completely consensual form of dominate/submissive sex play. The whole concept of domestic violence and abuse is that one side exerts control over an unwilling victim. I don’t recall Anastasia, or whatever she’s called, protesting to Christian’s form of sex. If I remember correctly, she quite enjoyed it! So before you condemn a work of romanticizedfiction, actually consider it’s audience and remember that they are mature and capable enough to know the difference between reality and fiction.
so i guess you didn’t read the parts where he coerces her and the part where he continues after she has used her safeword and acts like a fucking creep whenever they aren’t having sex
it is the worst possible introduction to BDSM i could imagine
i know my shit okay
im hoping the people defending this book are 1. never getting into BDSM 2. not currently into BDSM 3. havent read the book bc i dont want to believe anyone is that fucking stupid
knowledge on you right now.
Wanna know the BDSM mantra? Safe, sane, consensual.
So let me explain why this book was devoid of all three of these things.
Safe - In the first few chapters of the novel, Christian Grey tracks Ana’s cell phone to find her at a club. Takes her home when she’s drunk, changes her when she’s so intoxicated she doesn’t remember him doing so,and informs her he will be keeping tabs on her for her own benefit. This is not the behaviour of a respectable Dominant. This is the behaviour of a power hungry, abusive asshole who really can’t take no for an answer.
Sane - One of the most important parts of BDSM is aftercare. Scenes can be extremely traumatizing and intense for the submissive. Aftercare is anything from petting to cuddling to holding to sweet talking, whatever degree of gentleness a bottom would need to pull them out of “subspace”. How does Christian provide aftercare? He submits Ana to a traumatizing first time spanking experience AND THEN FUCKING LEAVES. AND GETS MAD THAT SHE DIDN’T TELL HIM SHE WAS UPSET. He’s the one who should fucking know better! That, again, is not the act of a responsible Dominant. It’s the act of a selfish abuser.
Consensual - Did I mention he undressed her when she was belligerently drunk? Tracked her phone to locate her? He also buys her a new car despite her saying no countless times. Now, consent is important for any kind of sexual activity at all. Consent means informed, consent means enthusiastic. Informed, enthusiastic consent. This is crucial in a BDSM setting. Scenes can be extremely intense, especially for the bottom. What is Christian’s form of obtaining consent? Handing Ana a fucking contract highlighting all the things he wants to do her asshole and asking her to sign it. She was a virgin (Don’t even get me fucking started.) who had never before been exposed to BDSM. Entering in that kind of relationship takes a gargantuan amount of trust and knowledge so you know exactly what you’re getting into. Not reading a list of kinks on a piece of paper and signing your rights to say no away. Christian didn’t offer her resources, he didn’t offer her information. He gave her an ultimatum. That is not the sort of consent a responsible Dom/me would seek from their submissive.
Fuck. This. book. It’s written in a shitty way, it’s a terrible example of a BDSM relationship (ask anybody already involved in the lifestyle and watch them go blue in the face just thinking about it), which is already faced with enough prejudice and misunderstand, and it romanticizes and glorifies abuse.
And this post is going into my bookmarks, because it is beautiful.
What scares me most is the fact that people, misinformed and ignorant people, will now try to enter the community/find play partners with the dangerous ideas of what BDSM is. They won’t respect a sub, they won’t listen.
And that can seriously hurt people. People can DIE.
G i v e a w a y t i m e !
We, hythmknwy and kaniehtiio, haven’t done a giveaway in a while, and we love you guys a lot, so how better to rack up your anticipation for the up-coming Dragon Age game?! There will be three winners for this:
- FIRST PLACE: Dragon Age: Inquisition Deluxe, a gaming art book (see below for selection) and a Pop! Vinyl figure of choice
- SECOND PLACE: Dragon Age: Inquisition (regular version) and a Pop! Vinyl figure of choice
- THIRD PLACE: a gaming art book (see below for selection) and a Pop! Vinyl figure of choice
HOW THIS IS GOING TO WORK:
- This giveaway is international. If you win first or second place, we will pre-order your Dragon Age game from here. If your country is not included here, we will give you an Amazon gift card with funds equivalent to how much the game costs, and you can pre-order it yourself
- You choose which console your game is for
- If you have already pre-ordered Dragon Age, or you intend to purchase the Deluxe or Inquisitor’s Edition, we will give you an Amazon voucher equal to the value of the game so you can buy a different game
- THIS PAGE shows the selection of art books we are willing to purchase as prizes
- You may choose any Pop! Vinyl figure on Amazon (but preferably £15 or under)
- (Please note that Dragon Age is released on different days for different countries. We also take no responsibility for any acts of God disturbing your punctual gaming experience, such as lateness in delivery, you missing the parcel, or an angry dragon eating the postman)
- Must be following both hythmknwy and kaniehtiio!
- To enter, reblog this post. The winners will be selected with a random number generator. Likes do not count, but you can reblog as much as you want
- If you win and ask for an Amazon gift card, we expect you to at least buy a game, if only out of fairness and pure common decency (if you reblog this giveaway, please at least want DA:I)
- When the giveaway is over, you must have your ask box open and respond within 48 hours
- Obviously you have to be comfortable with giving us your address
- You really should be 18+ but as long as your mum isn’t going to be after our blood we don’t really care
- No giveaway blogs
- Ends August 20th 2014 at midday GMT
- Feel free to message us with any questions!
Holy shit, Anthony Weiner actually said something important.
It’s a miracle!
That’s been the Republican strategy since day one of Obama’s presidency. Block the President at every turn, then blame him for not getting anything done. In fact, here’s Newt Gingrich openly admitting to it.
That’s why Republicans block jobs bills — so they can blame Obama for the economy still sucking. They’ve blocked budgets, resulting in a government shutdown that they then tried to blame on Obama. They’ve tried over and over again to block Obamacare, and complain that it’s a failure as they work their asses off to try to make it fail.
It’s kindergarten politics, and we need to vote these schmucks out in November. A bunch of white guys throwing temper tantrums and shouting NO! to everything just because they don’t like the president is no way to run a government, especially if we’re going to continue to pretend to be one of the greatest nations on earth.